Project officer for Climate Technology Transfer, Sustainable Development and International Cooperation
Vacantes de Directores de administración y servicios en Dinamarca
Clasificación del trabajo: Directores y gerentes : Directores administradores y comerciales : Directores de administración y servicios : Directores de administración y servicios no clasificados bajo otros epígrafes.
Ledelsesarbejde : Ledelse inden for administration og erhvervsorienterede funktioner : Ledelse inden for forretningsservice og administrative funktioner : Ledelse inden for anden forretningsservice og andre administrative funktioner
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
UNEP DTU Partnership (UDP) is a leading international research and advisory institution on energy, climate and sustainable development. UDP is part of the Department for Technology, Management and Economics at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU).
As a collaborating center of UN Environment (UNEP), UDP works with a large range of international institutions, national governments, and research institutions, to assist developing countries in their efforts to move towards low carbon and climate resilient sustainable development. UDP has a staff of approximately 70 professionals from 20 different countries with backgrounds covering economics, science, geography, energy and environment planning. UDP currently implements project activities in more than 60 developing countries.
About the section Technology - Transitions and System Innovation The Technology - Transitions and System Innovation section is working on identifying and assessing barriers and enablers for climate technology transfer and diffusion. We support the national government´s needs in technology transfer, diffusion and uptake, and facilitate market based innovation, private sector engagement, and local development with an overall emphasis on creating enabling frameworks for technology transfer and market creation across developing country contexts. In each of these areas, the section is engaged in project implementation, research, capacity building, and provision of technical support, combined with methodology development. In addition, the section provides policy advice and engages in knowledge dissemination.
Currently, we are expanding our portfolio of activities and are seeking to recruit a project officer with a focus on climate technology transfer and international technology cooperation to join a team of 17 colleagues for a 2-year position. The majority of work will be carried out in collaboration with the Section Head and the team of colleagues involved in the global Technology Needs Assessment (TNA) project as well as in the TEMARIN project. Specific tasks will include:
- Project management support incl. administrative, budget and reporting processes
- coordinate with countries participating in the TNA and TEMARIN project;
- Support stakeholder engagement and relevant development processes;
- organise capacity building workshops;
- Coordinate reports and preparation of communications material;
- General research support, including in-depth analytical and empirical research to inform new knowledge and insights - feeding into research publications and translating research into policy briefs; and
- Contribute to preparation of new proposals and fundraising.
- MSc degree or equivalent in development economics, geography, engineering, environmental sciences, or other discipline related to climate change.
- Familiarity and relevant experience related to prioritisation and implementation of climate friendly technologies, enabling frameworks for transfer, diffusion and uptake of climate technologies, sustainable transitions, technology innovation pathways and systems thinking, and related policy issues for mitigation and adaptation to climate change in a developing country context.
- Familiarity with the UNFCCC process and international organisations such as UNEP, UNDP, Green Climate Fund and the Global Environment Facility (GEF).
- Experience with project management and coordination of multi-country projects (incl. reporting, budget, and consultation processes) and ability to comply with tightly managed internal processes.
- Demonstrated capability to work with websites and database systems, experience with processing both quantitative and qualitative data and appropriate methodological skills.
- Experience in planning and organising workshops and conferences with an international audience.
- Demonstrated excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills in English; proficiency in other languages, in particular French is an asset;
- Experience with work and travel in developing countries, especially in the African region. Availability to travel is an advantage.
Terms of employment
UDP is part of the Department of Technology, Management and Economics at the Technical University of Denmark and employees are university staff. The successful candidate will be employed in a full-time position according to the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The position is for 2 years.
The place of work is the UN City based in Copenhagen, Denmark.
We apply a dialogue-based Scandinavian management style and we offer a family friendly work place with a documented positive work environment where there is room for a good work-life balance for our staff.
How to Apply
Please submit your online application no later than 12 March 2021 (Danish time). Open the 'Apply online' link, fill out the form and attach your application letter; CV with full personal data and contact details; a copy of your diploma(s).
For further information please contact Sara Trærup, Head of the Section on Technology - Transitions and System Innovation, phone: +45 9351 1617, email: slmtdtu.dk.
Further information is also available at the UDP website, www.unepdtu.org. http://www.unepdtu.org
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion, or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU Management conducts high-level research and teaching with a focus on sustainability, transport, innovation, and management science. Our goal is to create knowledge on the societal aspects of technology-including the interaction between technology and sustainability, business growth, infrastructure, and prosperity. Therefore, we explore and create value in the areas of management science, innovation and design thinking, business analytics, systems and risk analyses, human behavior, regulation, and policy analysis. The department offers teaching from introductory to advanced courses/projects at BSc, MSc, and PhD level. The Department has a staff of approximately 350. Read more here. https://www.man.dtu.dk/english
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear vision to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That vision lives on today. DTU has 12,000 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. Our main campus is in Kgs. Lyngby north of Copenhagen and we have campuses in Roskilde and Ballerup and in Sisimiut in Greenland.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Empleador: Danmarks Tekniske Universitet.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Kongens Lyngby; Código postal: 2800; Calle: Anker Engelunds Vej, Número: 101
- Sitio web: https://www.dtu.dk/om-dtu/job-og-karriere/ledige-stillinger/job?id=cbb3176a-7535-4d33-9c40-9ffa3282adf4
Identificador de la vacante:5293701.
Ver las 191 ofertas de trabajo de Directores y gerentes : Directores administradores y comerciales : Directores de administración y servicios : Directores de administración y servicios no clasificados bajo otros epígrafes ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- ScanPeople søger International Design koordinator til barselsvikariat hos Scanavo A/S. Dinamarca, 05 May. 2021.
- Nordic Quality Recruitment is looking for a Sales and Operations Planner. Dinamarca, 05 May. 2021.
- Supply Chain Manager. Dinamarca, 04 May. 2021.
- Logistikkoordinator. Dinamarca, 30 Abr. 2021.