Blades Composite Engineer with interest in digitalisation using Catia
Trabajos de Ingenieros industriales y de producción en Dinamarca (Vestjylland)
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros industriales y de producción.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Arbejde inden for naturvidenskab og ingeniørvirksomhed : Ingeniørarbejde (undtagen inden for elektroteknologi) : Ingeniørarbejde i industri og produktion
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
We are looking for an experienced Composite Engineer with knowledge in blades design, manufacturing, and interest in digitalisation. We are keen to talk to an Engineer who can bring our technology forward in helping define how we design and produce our blades.
Power Solutions > Vestas Power Solutions Blades > Blade Integration & DfX
Power Solutions, Blades module is the technology department responsible for the design and innovation of Vestas Blades.
Vestas is in the process of digitalising the blade design process from requirements to production. Vestas has implemented Catia/Composite (V5) as the backbone for digital blade design. In order to support this new way of working Vestas is looking for a Blade Composite Engineer with knowledge on blades manufacturing, Process development, and design for manufacturing (DfM), preferable using Catia/Composites (V5). This job will focus on virtual DfM using Catia V5 on blade projects and support the digital blade design strategy improving methodologies and automation options.
- Detailed design and design for manufacturing for given blade projects using Catia/Composite (V5) as the platform
- Detailed part design and design for manufacturing (DfM) for all part, all layers and core kits. Surface publication and releases to mould design per part.
- Modelling of lightning system, ballast, web locators. Modelling of infusion in- and outlets, pipes, aiding materials, lay-up tolerance analysis and interference check, Bond line modelling
- Assembly and finish models, part weight & balance, nesting.
- Manufacturing Bill of Materials (BOM). Ply-books and drawings
- Creating engineering request and changes via the Engineering Change Management system - ECM (Windchill)
- Interacting closely with the blade structural design, process, tooling and manufacturing engineers to ensure commonality across the value chain
- Following the first blade builds in our prototype factory in Lem, DK and direct any changes that result from build through the Engineering Change system in close cooperation with the team
- MSc, in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or similar, preferable experience with Catia/composite V5 for design and design for manufacturing
- You have knowledge of composite manufacturing and process development for composite materials
- You have experience within blade design, and preferably have deep knowledge of CATIA composite V5 from a development perspective
- You have experience handling the transition from drawing-based-design into model-based-design
- You have related knowledge for using Catia to design and define basic elements (of the blades)
- Preferable you have similar experience in developing a material database including manufacturing properties in Catia
- Knowledge of digitalisation and work experience with programming and scripting is an advantage
- Knowledge of APQP4Wind is an advantage
- Flexible and comfortable both in the office and in manufacturing. During the first blade build, there will be a need for a high physical presence at the shop floor to support the build and resolve any issues at the blade builds
- Systematic and problem solving-oriented
- Motivated team player who transmits energy and enthusiasm, encouraging a collaborative environment
- Confident and effective communication skills. Fluent in English verbally and written
- Self-motivated, strong time management skills
What We Offer
Vestas Blades is heavily investing in the digitalising of the blade design process from requirements to final product with Catia/Composite (V5) as the backbone. You will be a part of this very complex journey, which require a completely new way of working and it’s an exciting time to play a central role in this evolution. Vestas will provide the needed training for CATIA and Vestas specific blade production.
These positions are based in either Lem or Aarhus in Denmark or at The Isle of Wight, UK. The role may involve some travelling from time to time when necessary.
If the above matches your field of interest and your qualifications, please apply online as soon as possible and no later than 29th August 2020.
For more information please contact Talent Acquisition Partner Martin Whittle on +44(0)7515325141.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de puesto: Contratación directa.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: Vestas Wind Systems.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Lem St; Código postal: 6940; Calle: Smed Hansens Vej, Número: 15
- Sitio web: https://careers.vestas.com/job/Lem-CATIA-Composite-Engineer-6940/597890001/
Identificador de la vacante:5186651.
Ver las 229 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros industriales y de producción ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Manager of Project Execution in COE (Center of Excellence) - Hydraulics. Dinamarca, 30 Sep. 2020.
- Lead Mechanical Engineer for Premium Audio Products (13301). Dinamarca, 24 Sep. 2020.
- Site Inspector - Quality. Dinamarca, 23 Sep. 2020.
- Structural Lead - DD Generator. Dinamarca, 23 Sep. 2020.